Friday, May 21, 2010

Stop sippin' on that haterade!

Naruto...ah the series that got us all hyped back in the early high school days.

The series I trolled before I started watching and reading it. Though many of us have dropped of the Naruto train for prolonging the series and changing the overall style of the fight sequences, I've faithfully stayed on because I wanted to see the series through, till the end (I hope it ends).

I have not been impressed with any of the writing in the manga recently, but this chapter kind of got me. Check it:














To fully comprehend the situation, you must be up to date with the manga. But basically, the dark Naruto is the hatred in his heart and he has to defeat it. Rather than taking the light vanquishes darkness route, Kishimoto took, what I think is a clever route, in that he suggests that Naruto should just accept his hatred and acknowledge that it's there but there is no reason to tap into it. Hatred is such a strong emotion that you can never truly extinguish it, so the solution Kishimoto proposes in this manga is truly ingenious in my opinion. Though the dialogue is not the most complex, the message is certainly there. This type of stuff is something that the shounen audience can not fully comprehend and understand. I'm guessing that what they take from this is that the hero always prevails.

I always said that despite being a shounen, Naruto has a mature side. It definitely shows in this chapter.

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment