Monday, June 14, 2010

E3 Day 1: Micro$oft and more.

Things that stuck out:

- How crappy Micro$oft's line-up in their presentation were. Everything announced....everybody knew (Gears of War 3, Fable 3, Halo: Reach). Oh and there was the New Xbox. It looks sleeker..and bleck. I guess they took Chad Warden's advice. Oh and please, take your failed Kinect product and go work on your Xbox 720 already. Your reign in this era of gaming is done. Admittedly though, there is a sort of novelty and intrigue you get when you look at Kinect...but you also get a filling of kitsch and gimmick. Catch 22.

- EA had Crysis 2 3D, using old school 3D tech (3D glasses). Kinda cool, but nothing new. Looks good though, but I can already see the fan boy comparisons of PC to console.

- EA also had MMA. As much as I love the UFC Und9isputed series, MMA is lookin' fine.
The Last Emperor and The Natural are revealed as the front-men of the game.

I didn't catch Ubisoft. I'll comment on it once I catch the videos.

Nintendo and Sony tomorrow and more.

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment