Monday, November 30, 2009

12th Return Home - MMA/Judo update.

Last week was crack down for me. Now its lie down. It's soooo lax this week. More lax than usual. I love it.

Judo in the weekend again. Awesome stuff. Improvements here and there. Awesome.

4 hours straight. It all goes by so fast.

I focused more on Hashi Guruma today. Wicked throw. Very effective and practical.


Ashi Guruma (Leg Wheel)

Ouchi Guruma on the other hand, is difficult. It feels unpractical to do, but it's just a difficult technique to properly execute.


Ouchi Gari (Large Inner Reaping)

As in my previous Judo/Jujitsu update, here's what was covered:

Here's my progress on the ground techniques, made during this training session(s):
-Rear-naked choke (None Attempted)
-Arm-triangle (Attempted a couple of times, didn't completely pursue. Technique requires review again.)
-Guillotine (None Attempted)
-Triangle-choke (None Attempted)
-Arm-bar from full mount (Much, much better. Execution has vastly improved.)
-Kimura from open guard (Almost pulled one off! I had such a slick transition from an omo plata to a kimura.)
-Knee bar (Needs review.)
-Achilles lock (Attempted with no serious intent)
-Ankle lock (None Attempted)
-Omo Plata (Attempted, then transitioned to kimura)

Kris and I have greatly improved from our last grappling session. I have 4 submissions on him and he has two on me.

I got him twice with an arm bar, and 2 full mount gi chokes. I feel so much more comfortable with the arm bar now. I'm able to do it much more smoothly.


Full Moun Gi Choke, minus the Gi. Apparently it's also called the Cobra Choke.

I was quite surprised with the proficiency in Kris' Kneebar from the bottom. He is very tricky with submissions from the guard. He got me with an arm bar twice.

TUF 10 finale, Jon Jones is fighting on Saturday. =D


SOOO sick.

Relaxin',

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment