Monday, April 6, 2009

April Showers bring May.....?

April, finally got some warm weather last week and some rain. Others refer to rain as showers or drizzles. They essentially call precipitation during the month of April: April Showers.

So, April showers......wait, hold on a second. Is that...is that snow? Well as long as it melts right aw...hold up again for a minute...is that.....snow build-up?! OK, I know this is Canada and all, a country that is much too often mistook for a land of never-ending winters and igloo filled cities, but this is just ridiculous. It's April and the quote always goes "April Showers bring May flowers." and not "April Showers Bring May Plowers." Seriously, I think Mother Nature is a good friend of God. God is always testing our character and He probably instructed Mother Nature to mess around with the weather. You know how you feel very lazy and uninspired during those long and cold winter months? That's what they want us to feel. They want to see how optimistic we are. They want to see how we stack up against the "elements". Well all I have to say is: "I laugh at your feeble attempts to discourage my spirits, Mother Nature!" Ahem. To make matters worse, no matter where I go, whether it's going to school or going back to my student boarding house, the snow was always against me. It kept hitting my face and getting all over my clothes. This always happens and quite frankly, all types of precipitation seem to like to go against my direction of movement, whether it be rain, snow or hail. (Thank God there has not been any occurrences of acid rain.) I go to school thinking: OK, if the snow is going against me on the way to campus, it will surely be behind me on my way back! I learned right there and then, making such assumptions about the weather is a major error. Much to my dismay, no matter where I was going, the precipitation went against me. Oh man. Well, like I said earlier, it's a test of your character. You just have to keep your head high, up in the clouds. If you're head isn't there, it can only be in one other place; in the ground, where you're swimming in dirt. There is no other place to keep your head. If you try to keep it in between, you will be struck by the strong gales high up in the clouds and the earthquakes beneath your feet will devour you; you try to balance your optimism and your pessimism, you will get torn apart. It's either one or the other. If I were you, I'd keep it high, who knows what's been in that dirt >.<

Oh Mother Nature, why you gotta play me like that?

Keep pushing through the elements,

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment