Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Politics and 1st year nursing students

Came back from class about an hour ago. I went to politics for the first time today, it's my elective. Very interesting class that incorporates ethics and morality into human society. Plus our prof is a hoot. He's great. He has similar beliefs as I do in that grades are meaningless and schools are meaningless. We want to learn, and a fancy institution is not necessarily needed for that. But we live in a "civilized society" so it can't be helped.

"The point of education, is education, not time." - Professor Paul Daly

Now, it's a year 1 elective, but we can take any elective that we want. Year one seems to have a lot of pretty girls this year. I mean, last year, the year I enrolled, I could not tell weather or not this person was fresh from highschool or is married and could possibly be a mother. The ambiguity was mind blowing. But this year's fresh batch, is much easier to distinguish.

Also, UFC Fight Night 19 Diaz VS Guillard is on tonight. I'm pissed because the house I'm staying in only has basic cable. Thank God for streaming, lol. TUF 10 premiers tonight also, I seriously think people are underestimating Kimbo's fighting abilities. Sure he's mostly a wild fighter, but the most important thing that people forget is that he has the drive to learn and further his capabilities as a fighter and a person. Being Bahamian American and coming off the streets, you'd think he'd be a cocky guy. In actuality, he's down to earth and he's very humble. Family is his priority. Give Kimbo a chance to knock you off your feet...or rather....his opponents feet.

Blog post over,

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment